As you shower first thing in the morning, the bathroom having an aesthetic and fresh appeal is necessary to keep you in high spirits throughout the day. However, this completely depends on the type of doors and décor you have implemented. Frameless shower doors provide a grand look to your bathroom. Available in a few types namely; frosted, tinted, rain and hammered, it embraces minimalism and creates a sense of a bigger space. Upon comparison to other traditional types, these are more durable and customizable. This blog post provides you with a list of advantages and disadvantages to note before buying frameless shower doors. Keep reading to know more.
Key Advantages of Frameless Glass Shower Doors
Glass shower doors are all about their nominal style and design. Having one in your bathroom will enhance the whole area and allow air to pass through easily. Whenever you are reselling your home, the addition of a frameless glass shower door will make your entire property seem upscale, bringing up the price. Having such shower doors will give you the opportunity to decorate according to your tastes without being restricted to any frame type or material.
- Frameless glass shower doors are available in a standard set of sizes which can be fit into bathrooms of all shapes. This glass can be cut and tailored for installation according to your area dimensions.
- Shower doors that have a metal frame which is in constant contact with water and soap can be the reason for rust accumulation. When such a situation arises, cleaning it vigorously or replacing it entirely are the only options which remain. Replacing it though can be a very costly affair.
Frameless shower doors, as the name suggests, doesn’t take the support of any kind of metal. Because of which, they never corrode, ensuring ease of maintenance. Given its no hardware formula, frameless glass shower doors do not leave any space for mold or mildew to grow. This also doesn’t leave the opportunity for water to collect saving you hours of rubbing to remove overgrown mold.
- Since the frameless shower door is completely made of glass, it can give it a magical effect by giving your bathroom a bigger feel. Because it is transparent, you get the illusion of not having an enclosure which makes the room feel bright and airy.
Pro-Tip: A key benefit of frameless shower enclosures is they can be cleaned easily with the help of a mixture of water and vinegar, using a cloth.
Major Setbacks of Frameless Glass Shower Doors
- One of the biggest points to note when talking about these types of bathroom doors is their installation price. As compared to a traditional shower door, this is not an option if you are on a tight budget.
- Traditionally, all the rubber hardware and metal frames used in doors are meant to stop any water from escaping the bathroom. If your shower head points directly at the glass, then there is a high chance water might leak out of the shower, causing you to slip.
- These type of shower doors are usually made up of tempered glass. The glass is not built to withstand high levels of heat. If you are used to showering with a high intensity of hot water daily then it might shatter the glass, leaving behind small pieces. Banging the door hard can also lead to glass shattering.
Your bathroom should be a place that has all your essentials. The illusion of a bigger and brighter room with the help of frameless glass enclosures would give you a lot of space to experiment with décor. Keep in mind all the above-mentioned advantages and disadvantages of frameless glass shower doors to better plan your bathroom makeover.