Glass showers are very common in most households these days. They are not only high on functionality but also impart immense style and class to this personal space. Having glass showers helps avoid mess and spills in bathrooms, as bathing or showering is restricted to an enclosure specifically created for the purpose. Though installing a glass shower enclosure is easy, maintaining it can be a challenge.
Keeping your glass shower clean is important as well as challenging if not done in the right manner. The look of such enclosures is much affected by the quality of water which is in most cases hard. Hard water leaves behind residues that eventually settle on the glass staining them. Here we share a few tips that shall help you keep your shower looking clean and new.
- Always keep a shower squeegee handy to clean the glass walls as well as the door. Use it all over the glass surface to get rid of water remnants after a shower.
- You can also use a micro-fiber towel to wipe dry the shower door or wall after a shower. Make sure of the scrubbing action while using it, to avoid water stains from forming.
- It is important that you wipe dry the glass door after every use, if necessary every day to maintain its look.
- You can also use ready to use glass cleaning solutions to have a shining glass shower enclosure occasionally. Alternatively you can use a solution made from a mild detergent. Homemade cleaning solutions with vinegar and water or baking soda and water also work well.
- Never use anything abrasive to clean glass showers as they may leave behind permanent scratches on the glass surface. Also avoid using bristle brushes, abrasive sponges or cleaners, ammonia, bleach, acids, waxes, alcohol or solutions that may cause damage to the glass. If you have stubborn stains and are compelled to use any of the above, make sure that you follow the instructions to avoid any adverse effect.
- Never let cleaners soak on the glass surface or let it remain on it for long.
- As the last step of the cleaning process remember to rinse the glass shower with water at the end and wipe it dry.
- While cleaning glass showers, ensure that you also clean the fixtures so that they also look shiny and new.
- Last but not the least you need to keep your glass shower door open to enough air to circulate within. This shall help avoid build up of mold and mildew, helping to keep it clean.
Apart from all the Do-it-Yourself techniques listed above, you can also hire the help of professional cleaners who shall do the job for you and help you keep your shower door squeaky clean!